Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Is Spring EVER gonna come?!

Verse of the day: "While the earth remaineth, seed-time and haruest, and cold, and heat, and Summer, and Winter, and day and night, shall not cease." Genesis 8:22

I don't go for global warming. Not a bit. This winter has been a brutal one for upstate New York. Even this spring has been fraught with high winds, rain storms, and snow squalls. But it will warm up... eventually... I think... Thankfully we live on a higher piece of land composed of very fertile sandy loam. A day after a rainstorm, the mud is drying up. So what am I complaining about?(!)

Now that I have repented of my unthankful spirit, I'll tell you about a blessing. The Ford 9N tractor that came with the place went kaput on me while I was attempting to plow the garden. I still don't have it running, but our good friends form church offered to let me use their 3-point tiller. After work yesterday I went down to their house (it's only a mile or two down the road, and hooked up the tiller to their fine International 806. That got the job done in less than a half hour. Here's a picture of the freshly tilled garden, taken from my kitchen window.

It's a good thing it got done yesterday, because we had a very violent thunderstorm last night. The ground is still soaked. But I know that soon it will dry up, warm up, and we will see Spring: fresh growth, new birth... Say, have you been born again? Read John 3.

No comments: