Friday, January 2, 2015

Simpleacres Farm: The Dream Takes Shape

Land Ho!

Nope, I'm not talking about a sailor's cry from the crow's nest.

Rather, my search for a piece of real estate.

You know, a postage stamp and a dream kind of stuff.

I really wanted a couple acres and a house I could fix up, but nothing was working out. Finally I saw a new listing; about 6 acres on a country road, 5 minutes from Medina and only 8  minutes from church. I vaguely know the neighbor's across the road, having attended church with their daughter and son-in-law for a few years.

I wasn't too keen on the place but felt the Lord was opening the door, so I entered the offering process at the beginning of April.

Finally I closed on the place in June and was able to start clearing weeds and seeing what i got myself into.


What it used to look like:



What it looked like the year before I bought it, after the house burned down.


Sobering Reminder of the not-that-distant tragedy that took the lives of four people.


Lots of trash to burn



Putting water in.

Mornin' Coffee

Got my pole put up.

Strung across

All finished and ready for a meter. The high-speed internet is already hooked up.


The blueprints for the future...

Hopefully not-too-distant future.



My neighbor, but now also good friend, mentor, brother in the Lord, and "adopted dad": Mike Brown

The view of my southern back yard


Happy New Year!

Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

No comments: