Wednesday, October 5, 2011

No pictures today. I couldn't put them up if I had any. My Amish landlord plowed up the internet cable today! Conspiracy perhaps...? So I'm on Modem over Bluetooth link with my Verizon cell phone. Like dial -up. It's not too bad, unless you're trying to post pictures or watch videos.

But, yes, I'm still hangin' in here, watching the autumn season move in, gently but firmly shoving summer out of the way. I know winter is at it's heals, waiting to take a foothold. The firewood pile is growing, but not as fast as I'd like. Some sunny days this week, but chill nights and shortened days can be depressing to the spirit. Do you ever feel like you are in an autumnal season of life? Everything that was bright and warm has been turning drab gray, and chills the soul. I seems like all I have to look forward to is harder days, increasing trials.

But don't stand there with that glum face, making greasy spots on the rain-streaked window with your nose.

A good time to curl up by the fire and enjoy the warmth of fellowship with believers.
Let faith cover you from the cold rains. Faith reminds you of the bright sun above those dreary skies.
Drink the warm soup of the Word of God and let it nourish and strengthen you.

Then go out and face into those winds of adversity. Lean on the mighty arm of God and fight your way through. The exercise is good for you.

Spring is only five months away. Followed closely by summer.

I can't wait.

No comments: